Thursday, February 24, 2011

Number 1 Dad



Dave is an amazing father! From the moment our relationship started getting serious I knew his number one goal was to become a father - and he is a wonderful one. Here are just a few reasons why he is the number 1 dad in my book:

-says “don’t worry about the house, take a nap today” more than once a week
- puts B back to sleep at 3:30am when I’m too tired to do it
-always takes B anytime after 5:00am so I can sleep uninterrupted and only wake to feed him
-watches B any night I need him so I can go out with my girlfriends
-supports my choice to stay at home with B right now or would support my choice to go back to work – happy mommy, happy baby
-in the same vein as the one above – he is supportive of breastfeeding B right now, and just wants me to do what I want to do. He is a great cheerleader when it gets hard
-works hard to support our family financially
- goes on walks with us every evening that we want to
-plays with B in such a fun, cute way (B loves "talking" with daddy)
-does the dishes – all the time
-keeps our finances straight
-will watch the Bachelor with me : ) and laugh after a rough day with a teething baby

Being a SAHM is a great job but a tough one and I am so lucky to have a husband who supports our family in such wonderful ways.

2 comments:

  1. He does sound like a wonderful husband and wonderful daddy - good job, Dave! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,Daddy dishes and Bachelor watching keys to a happy mommy in our house these days, too!!

    ReplyDelete