Tuesday, February 1, 2011

3 months!




Bugaboo (current nickname),

You are 3 months old and I swear that each month I say I want to freeze time and keep you that way, but each month seems to get better and better! You are full of smiles now, but you are also quite a serious baby at times. You definitely know your mama and have begun to show favor towards me. It would be crazy to say I don’t feel special when you cry for me, but I really want you to feel comfortable with your dad and grandparents as you do with me. I guess that’s what happens when we spend all day together! I love this age because you are becoming such a little boy. It is so much easier to tell what you need when you start to fuss and you are so easy to take out and about. You love looking at the surroundings. We still take walks to the mailbox and you love seeing the trees and the sunshine. You are a great Texas baby! You take 3-4 naps a day that range in length from 30 min – 2 hours. I never know when the long one will be so it is a bit hard to plan around. You are 15 pounds according to our scale at home. It is amazing to me that you have doubled your birth weight! You sure do love to eat and still eat about every 2.5 hours during the day. At night you still have one long stretch of sleep for 6-8 hours or so then you wake up more frequently towards the morning. You really get up for the day around 6:30-7:00. I love being home with you during the day and I can’t wait until we start some playdates. Soon the weather will be warm again and we will be outside much more. You love swinging with me in the hammock and I’m excited to get you your own swing for the tree. You enjoy chewing on just about anything you can find, and the drool is coming in full force! I’m wondering when we will start seeing little teeth pop through. You still don’t like tummy time, but you are able to hold your head up for longer periods of time now and you love sitting in your Bum.bo chair. It is so cute to see you squished in there! You have some favorite toys now (the loop-de-loop and Sophie) and it is fun to watch you interact with the hanging toys on your play gym. We really have to be careful because you love looking at the TV if it is on in the living room. It seems no matter where you are positioned your head always finds its way to the screen. That is a habit we have to break asap! You go to the doctor at the end of the month for your 4 month check up. You will have more shots and she will take a look at your head. We aren’t noticing much progress unfortunately, but your hair is rubbing off in places so you have spots of dark hair that look so cute. You still sleep in the bassinet in our room, but are getting close to growing out of it. We plan to move you to your nursery soon. I will miss you, but know you will do great!
You are such a joy to us and we love you so much! We can’t wait to see what month 4 brings!

2 comments:

  1. Yay Baby B! So glad both of you are doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is getting so big! If it makes you feel any better, Holden loves to look at the TV too.

    ReplyDelete