Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Naps

Now that B is 3+ months I want to get him on a routine. I have been doing the E.A.S.Y routine with him since he was about 2 months old, but hadn't really been that strict or paying too much attention to it. E.A.S.Y stands for eat, activity,sleep, you time (in that order). He is great at the order but his naps have only been 30 minutes and then he eats again 2 hours after he started his last feeding. This schedule doesn't give me much "you time." I've read somewhere that at 30 minutes they transition into another phase of sleep and some babies wake at this point instead of continuing to sleep. Today I decided that when he wakes at the 30 minute mark I will try and put him back to sleep. Well...it worked! He has been sleeping for 1 hour and 20 minutes so far in this nap! That is big progress : ) This routine is in the book "B.aby Whisper" which I read early on but haven't picked it up in a while. I liked the thinking of the book, but don't want to feel like a bad mom if he doesn't conform just the way they say. I know this is a personal deal of mine that I need to get over, but for now that's the way it is.

I'll leave you with some cute pics...





Oh and he's still sleeping...1 hour 47 minutes so far and I got to eat lunch!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a good, educated mommy! Makes me feel like I need to read some more books :) Gotta watch the d.v.d. you are letting me borrow soon!

    ReplyDelete