Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Movin' On Up

The time finally came to move B out of his bassinet in our room to his crib in his nursery. In retrospect it was a little silly that I was so caught up in how his nursery was going to look when I knew he wouldn't sleep in there for a few months. Oh well!

Dave and I decided to get a new bedroom set. We have been wanting a king sized bed for a while now and now seemed like the right time. We spent 2 weekends shopping and found a set we liked at Havertys. I was also really impressed with the sales team. They were respectful and not overly pushy (hard to find with furniture sales).
Here is the set:


The new bedroom set will be delivered on Saturday so we needed to move the bed from our room up to a guest room. We had the energy last night so we did the move then (we now have 2 queen beds, a daybed with a trundle, and a king on the way...plenty of beds!) Since B's nursery is upstairs it made sense for us to transition him into his crib while we would be next door for a few nights. This was more for my peace of mind of course! We have a great video monitor, but our bedroom is downstairs and with 1-2 (sometimes 3 - yikes!) wake ups a night I thought being next door would be more convenient that going up and down the stairs. Last night went well and I honestly didn't worry about him not being right next to me in his bassinet. It might sound weird, but I can see him better on the monitor than I could in the dark so really it isn't a big deal that he's not in our room. We will see how the rest of the week goes and I can't wait to have our new big bed!

This is the bedding I've ordered from Pottery Barn. We will see what I think of it when it's delivered later today - I liked it online.

4 comments:

  1. Ooooo love the bedding and the new bedroom set! We need a king bed so badly... between our dueling limbs and the dog sleeping under the covers, I think it's time! Whenever we go out of town, we always sleep SO much better in the king! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you got some fun early birthday presents! :) They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Everything! Can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh I love that bedding too! I think I remember seeing a PB shower curtain that matches... very cute!

    ReplyDelete