Monday, September 13, 2010

Oprah



Today marked the beginning of Oprah's Farewell Season. I watched it with mixed emotions. I have never been a huge Oprah fan, but would watch when I was home in time or on a day off. I do think she has some really good shows and does highlight some interesting human interest stories now and then. The one thing I don't like on her show is when she spends money on things that I think are unnecessary. For example, today she surprised the whole audience with a trip to Australia. That's 300 people for 7 or 8 days. Expensive! I just feel like her money could be spent in a much better way if she wanted. I do understand that she does charitable work and has the school in Africa, but each time I see a show like I did today I am reminded of the huge inequities that exist in our Nation.
That's my little soapbox.

Now that I am about to become a full time stay-at-home mom I am sure I will have many more Oprah watching afternoons in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment