Monday, September 13, 2010

Birth Ball



This past weekend Dave and I took a "Prepared Childbirth Class." It was put on my Seton Hospitals and I highly recommend it for all expecting parents. We learned a ton and I was reassured about all of my crazy feelings and anxiety about labor.

One of the best things we learned was how to use a birth ball (or exercise ball) to assist in the labor process. Sitting on a birth ball in the 3rd trimester helps to relive back pain and helps prepare the pelvis for labor. If used during early and active labor it can help with dilation. There are a lot of other positions and use for the birth ball - I'll let you Google it if your interested. Just wanted to put it out there!

We already had an exercise ball so we blew it up last night and I must say it worked wonders on my lower back. I give it 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment