Sunday, June 6, 2010

Coming Soon....



Yep, we are so excited to finally know how we can start planning to welcome our little boy into this world!

I was 90% sure we were having a girl and Dave was always referring to the baby as "he" so we were sure to get one or the other. I must say I was quite shocked when we saw those boy parts, but I was so excited and it made it that much more real!

Now we have started thinking about names, nursery decoration, and the essentials. It's fun but somewhat overwhelming with all the new changes headed our way.

This last ultrasound was really neat - we saw his heart chambers, kidneys, brain, face, legs, arms, OK you probably get the point...it was very through! He was faced down for most of the scan so I had to move around at different points for the tech to get all of the measurements. She mentioned that we already have a stubborn one on our hands!

Yesterday we went to Buy Buy B*by and B*bies R Us to get started on what we might need/want. There are soooo many choices! We also subscribed to a subscription to Consumer Reports to get their reviews on major products. I think it will come in handy!

I am officially 20 weeks now, halfway there! At the ultrasound, the tech measured that our baby boy was actually measuring a week ahead (he's a pound!) so now my new due date could be 10.18 not 10.24. It will be up to the doctor if they want to officially change it, but I'm not concerned about it. I was a preemie myself so I am just looking to carry this one to full term.

I'm planning on taking a belly pic later today, so stay tuned this week to see the progress. I really feel like I have officially "popped!"

1 comment: