Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Ups and Downs of Pregnancy


(Not a picture of me)

Ups:
-feeling the baby move
-seeing the ultrasounds
-expanding my taste buds
-conversation starter
-husband doing the heavy lifting
-having a countdown
-decorating the nursery
-picking out clothes

Downs:
-heartburn
-back pain
-stretching pain
-unsolicited advice on pregnancy/parenting
-food restrictions (caffeine, lunch meats, wine)
-finger swelling

I wouldn't change this pregnancy for anything, but while Dave is sweet enough to run to the store at 9:30 at night to get more TUMs I am reminded that this whole pregnancy thing is quite an experience. I've had it pretty easy for the most part and am thankful for that, but I will be really happy when I can wear my rings again so I don't look like an unwed mother-to-be : )

As I am nearing the 32 week mark it's all becoming quite real to me. I have 2 more visits before they become weekly and we start talking about labor. Eek!

There is still a lot on our to-do list, including:
-put the crib together (hopefully this weekend)
-finish painting the nursery (should be done this week)
-put the nursery together (fun fun!!!)
-figure out where the baby will sleep for the 1st few months - crib or bassinet
-buy the rest of the essential items, aka...figure out the whole nursing thing
-pack my hospital bag (by week 35-36)

I'm sure I'm forgetting some things, but those are the big ones on my list right now. October 24th will be here before I know it!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! Excited to meet your little one after he arrives!!

    ReplyDelete